Technical Rating: 1-3
Trail Steward: Karlo Martinez Contact the Trail Steward
Trail Work Email Group: Click this link to subscribe
Conditions Hotline: 713-221-0499
Parking: Ample, most riders park at the "Rugby Pitch" but there is parking throughout the park.
Description: Memorial Park offers a convenient escape from the concrete jungle of Houston with seven miles of dirt trails. Trails are marked and named by their “Color” of trail marker, with the exception of “The Triangle”
- Green: The longest single track trail in MP is an out and back trail on the south east side of the park.
- Yellow: This trail features some of the best and fastest turns in the park and crosses a few gully’s which give the trail some elevation change.
- Red: What this trail lacks in elevation change it makes up for in fast, flowy and tight single track turns.
- Blue: Most technical of the core trails, this single track trail features trail “exposure” and many exposed roots which create small ledge drops.
- Orange: Fast and flowy trail similar to yellow with a few fun “G-out” bridges, hair pin turns, and a few drops.
- The Triangle: An often missed and lower traffic trail on the west side of the park. This is the most difficult trail in the park and features a continuously rolling trail, fast turns.
- Purple: This is the “dirt road” that forms a loop through the mountain bike trail area. Mostly flat except for its crossing of a drainage near Buffalo Bayou known as “Call Out” where riders will rapidly descend thirty feet and then immediately climb out of the drainage.
Please use caution as these are two-way multi use trails and can be very busy on the weekends. Please be courteous to other trail users and remember that cyclists yield to both foot traffic and horses. Make your presence known when approaching blind corners and always maintain control of your speed.
Due to the recent drought, Memorial Park has experienced significant tree kill. This has created a hazard of both falling trees and falling debris. Plans are in place for a contractor to address the issue and remove many of the problem trees. GHORBA is working closely with the Parks Department as well as the Memorial Park Conservancy to ensure and orderly yet succesful removal project. Please use extreme caution and respect all trail closures.
Recent Trail Condition Reports:
Latest reports from Memorial Park trail users
|Condition||Short Report||Post date||Name|
|Muddy in spots||Give it a couple days to dry from this rain that just passed by.||1 week 3 days ago||Karlo|
|Tacky||Trails Open Except Green Trail||1 week 6 days ago||htx_29niner|
|Muddy in spots||Trails in fair shape, some heavily eroded spots||2 weeks 16 hours ago||BdM|
|Muddy (do not ride)||All trails in pretty bad shape, several trees blocking trails, heavy erosion||2 weeks 3 days ago||BdM|
|Muddy (do not ride)||Rained||1 month 5 days ago||clmbngfl|
|Dry/Loose||All colored trails good to go, BIG tree blocking Green half mile in from parking lot||1 month 1 week ago||BdM|
|Dry/Loose||All trails (incl. Triangle) good to go (downed tree still blocking Orange mid-way)||1 month 2 weeks ago||BdM|
|Dry/Loose||Trails are dry pretty loose and sandy in places||1 month 3 weeks ago||Loneranger614|
|Dry/Loose||Let it rip! Trails are great, tree down on Orange||1 month 3 weeks ago||BdM|
|Dry/Loose||All coloured trails in good shape, some loose sand in spots||1 month 3 weeks ago||BdM|