Technical Rating: 1-3
Trail Steward: Karlo Martinez Contact the Trail Steward
Trail Work Email Group: Click this link to subscribe
Conditions Hotline: 713-221-0499
Parking: Ample, most riders park at the "Rugby Pitch" but there is parking throughout the park.
Description: Memorial Park offers a convenient escape from the concrete jungle of Houston with seven miles of dirt trails. Trails are marked and named by their “Color” of trail marker, with the exception of “The Triangle”
- Green: The longest single track trail in MP is an out and back trail on the south east side of the park.
- Yellow: This trail features some of the best and fastest turns in the park and crosses a few gully’s which give the trail some elevation change.
- Red: What this trail lacks in elevation change it makes up for in fast, flowy and tight single track turns.
- Blue: Most technical of the core trails, this single track trail features trail “exposure” and many exposed roots which create small ledge drops.
- Orange: Fast and flowy trail similar to yellow with a few fun “G-out” bridges, hair pin turns, and a few drops.
- The Triangle: An often missed and lower traffic trail on the west side of the park. This is the most difficult trail in the park and features a continuously rolling trail, fast turns.
- Purple: This is the “dirt road” that forms a loop through the mountain bike trail area. Mostly flat except for its crossing of a drainage near Buffalo Bayou known as “Call Out” where riders will rapidly descend thirty feet and then immediately climb out of the drainage.
Please use caution as these are two-way multi use trails and can be very busy on the weekends. Please be courteous to other trail users and remember that cyclists yield to both foot traffic and horses. Make your presence known when approaching blind corners and always maintain control of your speed.
Please use extreme caution and respect all trail closures.
Recent Trail Condition Reports:
Latest reports from Memorial Park trail users
|Condition||Short Report||Post date||Name|
|Muddy in spots||All trails incl Triangle in good shape||1 week 5 days ago||BdM|
|Muddy in spots||All colored trails in good shape||2 weeks 1 day ago||BdM|
|Dry/Packed||All colored trails in excellent shape||2 weeks 5 days ago||BdM|
|Dry/Packed||All colored trails are good to go!||3 weeks 5 days ago||BdM|
|Dry/Packed||All colored trails good to go||1 month 3 weeks ago||BdM|
|Dry/Packed||OPEN - all colored trails in good shape, some great work done on trails||1 month 3 weeks ago||BdM|
|Muddy in spots||Trails in good shape||3 months 4 days ago||Dkoonsusaavid|
|Muddy in spots||All trails in good condition, incl Triangle!||3 months 4 weeks ago||BdM|
|Muddy in spots||Mostly packed except the typical muddy spots||4 months 1 week ago||htx_29niner|
|Muddy in spots||Borderline hero dirt||4 months 2 weeks ago||SinguLars|